Riesling Poached Salmon
2 tsp whole coriander seeds
2 cups Riesling wine (or other medium dry white wine)
1 2-inch whole cinnamon stick
6 skinless, center-cut salmon fillets (about ½ lb each)
¼ cup water
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste (use white pepper if available)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp minced cilantro
- In a large skillet (with cover) toast the coriander seeds over moderately high heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and cinnamon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the salmon and water. Cover and cook over low heat until opaque throughout, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer salmon to plates, season with salt and white pepper.
- Correct seasoning in the poaching liquid and spoon about 1 tbsp over each fillet, along with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Serve with: Basmati rice, Garlicky Greens (just ignore the polenta instructions).
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easily create Help documents