Cauliflower and Carrot Curry
This is zesty, spicy, but not hot. We loved it.
Steamed rice (preferably Basmati rice)
1 medium head of cauliflower (about 2 pounds)
1 tbsp olive oil
4 large carrots, peeled and cut in ½ inch rounds
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves minced (or more to taste – be generous)
1 tbsp Madras curry powder
2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and crushed
1 cup vegetable broth
½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup frozen peas
¼ tsp salt
- In a Dutch oven or flameproof casserole, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the carrots and onion and cook stirring often until the onions are golden, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the curry and cumin and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower, broth and coconut milk. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes until vegetables are just tender.
- Add the peas and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Season with salt.
- Spoon rice into individual soup bowls and top with the curry. Serve immediately.
Source: "On Rice", by Rick Rodgers
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Produce Kindle eBooks easily