Serves 4 (or for Salmon with Spinach-Yogurt Sauce)
2 tsp. olive oil
1 sm onion, finely chopped
1 cup coarse or medium bulgur
1½ cup chicken or vegetable broth, heated
1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 scallions, trimmed and finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add onion and cook, stirring until soft, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add bulgur and cook, stirring, until toasted or coated, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth and chickpeas, reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat (do not uncover) and let stand about 15 minutes to absorb the liquid.
- Fluff with fork, stir in scallions and season with salt and pepper.
Adapted from: "Eating Well", October 1998
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Produce electronic books easily