Breaded Herbed Chicken Fingers
1/3 cup apricot preserves
¼ cup Dijon mustard
2-3 tsp hot sauce
Salt and Pepper
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1 cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
¼ cup chopped fresh tarragon
1 ½ lbs chicken tenders
½ cup vegetable oil
- Combine preserves, mustard and hot sauce in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set aside
- Spread flour in a shallow bowl. Beat eggs in a second shallow bowl. Spread panko and herbs in a third dish.
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge each tender in flour, dip in eggs and coat with panko mixture, pressing to make he crumbs adhere.
- Heat ¼ cup oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until simmering. Cook half the chicken until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate with paper towels to drain oil
- Wipe out skillet and repeat Step 5.
- Serve chicken with dipping sauce.
Serve with: Sugar snap peas, brown or basmati rice.
Source: “30-Minute Suppers” by America’s Test Kitchen From Cook’s Illustrated. Summer 2011.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easily create PDF Help documents