Tortellini, Squash, Mushrooms
1 small (2 pounds) butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
8 oz button or cremini mushrooms, stems trimmed and halved if large
¼ cup fresh sage leaves, 1 tsp dried
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pound fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
½ cup (2 oz) grated Fontina or Gruyere cheese, plus more to pass
Pre-heat oven to 450ｰF.
- On 2 rimmed baking sheets, toss the squash, mushrooms, oil, sage, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper
- Roast, turning once, until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the tortellini according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water. Drain and return to pot.
- Add the vegetables, fontina and half the reserved cooking water. Add ½ tsp salt.
- Toss gently and add more cooking water if paster turns dry. Serve and pass more cheese.
Source: Real Simple.com, October 201
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easily create EBooks