A traditional French Tarte. You can use almost any kind of fruit in this except berries or citrus fruits.
1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
1 ¼ cup flour
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. salt
3 - 4 tsp. water (or rosewater, a Moroccan option)
¼ lb butter
½ cup almond paste in small bits
¼ lb soft butter
3 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. sugar
Apples, peaches, seasonal fruit, sliced
- Grease a tart pan with butter or oil.
- Place crust ingredients in mixer, adding water by the teaspoon until a dough forms.
- Place dough in the pan, and spread dough around the pan with fingers, extending up the sides.
- Put crust in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- Mix filling ingredients until smooth. The consistency should be like a custard.
- Pour filling into the crust.
- Arrange fruit in sections on top of the filling (apples, peaches, anything in season).
- Bake for 40 minutes to an hour or until done. The custard should be firm.
Source: Chef Abdullah, of Mataam Fez, Boulder, CO
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easy CHM and documentation editor