Stratford Hall Ice Cream Pie
Makes 2 pies
This recipe is for crust and topping for a pie made out of ice cream – an American favorite.
Pre-heat oven to 300°F.
1 cup flour
¼ lb. butter, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup pecans
2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- Mix together flour, sugar and pecans.
- Add melted butter and mix well. Reserve about 1/4 of this for topping.
- Smooth remaining mixture on sides and bottom of two pie pans. Smooth reserved topping in a shallow pan.
- Bake both pie pans (and the pan of topping) at 300° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Crumble the topping.
- Slightly soften 2 quarts of vanilla ice cream. Spread 1/2 in each crust. Fill fairly deep.
- Sprinkle topping on top of this and refreeze until ready to serve..
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Single source CHM, PDF, DOC and HTML Help creation