Spiced Zucchini Muffins
Makes six 3-inch muffins
Pre-heat oven to 400°F; grease six 3-inch muffin-pan cups.
1 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom (up to 1 tsp., opt.)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup low-fat milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- In medium-size bowl, combine both flours, the baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, cardamom, and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, with wire whisk, beat sugar, milk, oil, egg, and vanilla until blended.
- Stir flour mixture into milk mixture just until flour mixture is moistened.
- Stir in zucchini and divide batter among prepared cups.
- Bake muffins 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove muffins from cups and serve warm.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Single source CHM, PDF, DOC and HTML Help creation