Spiced Plum Chicken
2 tsp. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tsp. turmeric
½ tsp. each cinnamon, coriander and ginger
2 whole, boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced in strips
300 ml chicken stock (or bouillon)
2 tbsp. tomato paste
200g ready-to-eat prunes, stoned and halved
Handful of chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Heat oil in a deep-sided frying pan, add onion and cook ‘til golden (5 min). Add garlic and cook 1 minute
- Add chicken strips and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned.
- Add stock and tomato purée and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook for 15-20 minutes, add prunes last 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package directions; keep warm.
- Serve the couscous heaped on a platter, sprinkled with cinnamon and almonds, roasted cashews or walnuts. Sprinkle the chicken with coriander and serve with the couscous.
Adapted from "BBC Good Food," February, 1999
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: News and information about help authoring tools and software