Spiced Chicken Marrakesh
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. grated lime zest
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. ground coriander
4 medium chicken breast halves, boned, skinned and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tbsp lime juice
- In a small dish, combine 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic, paprika, lime zest, cumin, and coriander. Brush mixture on chicken breasts.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat, until hot, swirling to coat sides of pan.
- Arrange chicken in wok without overlapping or individual pieces and cook, turning, until browned all over, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- In same wok, heat remaining 2 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes.
- Add tomato and cook, stirring, until vegetables are soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
Be aware that tomatoes are acidic and could damage the seasoning in the wok.
- Return chicken to wok. Add orange juice and lime juice.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until chicken is fork-tender, 15 - 20 minutes.
Serve with yogurt. This dish is nice with couscous.
Source: Based on a recipe in "365 Ways to Wok".
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easy EPub and documentation editor