Spaghetti with Broccoli and Pignoli
Put pasta bowls in a 100°C/250°F oven. If you are serving bread, warm that, too.
2 tbsp. pine nuts (Pignoli)
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. garlic sliced in thin, crosswise slivers ( use more if you like)
2 cups fresh broccoli broken or cut into small pieces
salt and pepper to taste
Ground or grated nutmeg
grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese
- Start water for the spaghetti while you prepare the other ingredients. When the water boils, go ahead and make the pasta. The broccoli should be done when the pasta is ready.
- Heat the pine nuts in a dry, medium-hot skillet for 2-3 minutes or until toasted. Set nuts aside and use the skillet for the next step.
- Heat the oil in the skillet on medium heat and add the garlic. Sauté, stirring, until the edges of the garlic slices begin to turn golden; about 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until tender; about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- When the pasta is ready, drain. Stir in a tablespoon or so of olive oil. Grate a little nutmeg on top. Place in bowls, add broccoli and sprinkle the nuts on top.
Serve with grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free Kindle producer