Sour Cream Coffeecake
Makes one 10-inch tube cake
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
1 cup butter
2 cups plus 4 tsp. sugar
1 cup sour cream
½ tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 cup chopped pecans
1 tsp. cinnamon
- Cream the butter and add two cups of the sugar gradually, beating until very light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time very well.
- Fold in cream and vanilla.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and salt and fold into the mix.
- Combine the remaining sugar, pecans and cinnamon and set aside.
- Place about one-third of the batter in a well-greased and floured bundt pan or nine-inch tube pan. Sprinkle with three-quarters of the reserved pecan mixture. Spoon in remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake about 60 minutes or until done.
- Cool on rack.
Adjustments need to be made in the amount of baking powder in high altitudes. It would be best to use a non-stick pan, as high altitudes also affect the release of the cake from the pan.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free CHM Help documentation generator