Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
2 tbsp. curry powder
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. ground cumin
2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
16 thin slices (about 1 ounce) fresh ginger
2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 10 oz. packages frozen green peas
½ cup cashews, toasted
½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- In a 5-quart slow-cooker, toss chicken, onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, coriander and cumin to coat. Season with 2 teaspoons salt.
- Cover and cook on high setting until chicken is fork-tender, about 4 hours (do not uncover while cooking).
- Stir in coconut milk and peas. Cover and cook until peas are heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl and shred with two forks, return to cooker and toss with sauce.
- To serve, garnish with ½ cup toasted cashews and chopped fresh cilantro leaves.
Source: Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free CHM Help documentation generator