Sesame Noodle Salad
Serves 6 to 8
½ cup sesame oil
3 tbsp dark sesame oil
7 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
3 tbsp Chinese black or Italian balsamic vinegar
3 ½ tbsp dark brown sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp chili oil
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 clove garlic finely chopped
¼ cup chopped cilantro
2 lbs asparagus, trimmed and sliced on a diagonal OR
2 pkg frozen snow pea pods, thawed, and/or
(2 medium carrots cut into slivers)
1 lb thin Chinese egg noodles or lo mein noodles
10 green onions, including greens, thinly sliced
¼ cup sesame seeds, toasted until browned
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add salt.
- Meanwhile, mix the marinade ingredients, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the asparagus to the water when boiling and cook for about 5 minutes until just tender. Scoop out of the water. If using carrots, cook them the same way at the same time.
- Add noodles to the boiling water. Cook until al dente, tasting often, only a few minutes.
- Drain noodles in colander and rinse with cold water. Shake off excess water.
- Reserve a few bits of vegetables and sesame seeds.
- Toss all the ingredients with the noodles and the marinade.
- Serve in a bowl or platter, garnished with reserved seeds and vegetables.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Full-featured Kindle eBooks generator