Serves 4 to 6 as a side dish
½ cup flour
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp paprika or to taste
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 baking potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
1 small onion, thinly sliced
4 tbsp butter
1 ½ cups milk, scalded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 2-quart/1-liter baking dish with or oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Arrange the potatoes and onions in the dish in 4 layers, sprinkling the flour mixture over each layer, and dotting the butter on top of each layer.
- Add the milk to the dish. The liquid should nearly cover the potatoes.
- Cover the dish and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 50 to 60 minutes until the potatoes are fork-tender and the tops are crisp.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for a few minutes before cooking.
Adapted from: Prevention’s “The Healthy Cook” (with apologies for the added fats).
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free CHM Help documentation generator