Sausage with Hot Slaw
Cole Slaw is an American term for a salad made with thinly sliced raw cabbage, shaved carrots and mayonnaise. This recipe omits the mayo. Served warm.
12 oz. Polish sausage, sliced (Veggie sausages also possible)
1 tbsp. olive oil
½ cup cider vinegar
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. cumin seeds (not ground)
1 cup red onion, sliced thin
1 lb. Coleslaw (see below) or packaged coleslaw mix
- Slice cabbage thin and separate. Peel and cut two medium carrots into shavings and mix with the cabbage.
- Place sausage slices in non-stick pan with the olive oil over medium heat. Heat until warm through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the pan, combine vinegar, sugar, cumin seeds and onion, bring to a boil and stir to loosen any drippings.
- Remove pan from heat and add coleslaw, mixing to coat the slaw with the liquid.
- Serve the hot slaw with the sausages on top. Offer Dijon mustard to taste.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: News and information about help authoring tools and software