Sausage and Vegetables with Pasta
Serves 4 to 6
1 lb elbow macaroni, wheels, or other pasta forms
1 lb mild Italian sausage or Polish Kielbasa (Krakauer)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 medium zucchini, scrubbed and thinly sliced
1 cup chopped green pepper, or a mixture of red and green pepper
¼ cup shopped pimento
½ cup Italian cured black olives
½ cup olive oil
2 tbsp (or to taste) red wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, chopped and mashed
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper (to taste)
½ tsp dried basil
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Rinse with cold water and drain. Place in large bowl and toss with a little olive oil.
- If using Italian sausages, place them in a skillet, cover with water and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Slice the sausage thin. Heat oil in the skillet and brown the sausage. Remove and let cool before adding to the pasta.
- Add the zucchini, peppers, pimentos and olives to the bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss. Allow to stand for a half-hour or so to let the flavors mix.
- Serve at room temperature.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easily create EBooks