Sausage and Black Bean Soup
Serves 2 as a main dish
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 ounces/251 g Kielbasa sausage, sliced and diced
1 cup diced green, red, and yellow peppers as available
2 cups / ½ l chicken broth
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
¼ cup picante sauce or salsa
Chopped cilantro (frische Koriander) as garnish
- Pour a teaspoon of oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the sausage and cook until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the peppers and cook until they begin to become tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add beans and picante sauce. Return to a boil and simmer, covered, about 5 minutes.
- Place in bowls and garnish with cilantro.
Source: Adapted from a Weight Watchers’ recipe.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easily create HTML Help documents