12 to 14 servings
1 lemon, thinly sliced
juice of 1 lemon
1.5L burgundy or pinot noir
½ cup sugar
1 qt/1L seltzer or mineral water
- Cut rind from orange in a thin spiral, avoiding the white inner rind.
- Squeeze the orange for its juice.
- Mix the orange spiral, orange juice, lemon slices and lemon juice.
- Add the wine, then add sugar to taste. Stir until sugar is dissolved
- Chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours.
- Remove lemon slices and orange peel. Continue chilling if desired up to 24 hours.
- Pour in pitcher or punch bowl, add sparkling water and serve.
Source: Sunset Cook Book for Entertaining
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: What is a Help Authoring tool?