Salmon Roasted with Mustard and Lingonberry Sauce
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and divided
2 6-oz salmon fillets
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp chopped shallots
2 tbsp lingonberry preserves (cranberries may be substituted)
2 tbsp raspberry vinegar
Preheat oven to 450° F/230° C.
- Oil a small, rimmed baking dish or sheet and place salmon on it, skin side down. Sprinkle with salt.
- Stir mustard and 1 tbsp of melted butter in a small dish. Spread on top of the salmon fillets and season generously with pepper.
- Bake until salmon is cooked through and mustard is browned, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tbsp of butter in a small skillet. Add shallots and sauté about 2 minutes.
- Add lingonberry preserves and vinegar, stir mixture until smooth and preserves are melted. Bring to a simmer. Correct seasoning.
- Spoon sauce over fish and serve.
Source: "Bon Appetit", March 2004
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Full-featured Documentation generator