Roasted Vegetable Pasta
We think this tastes especially good when the vegetables are roasted on a barbecue grill.
zucchini, sliced or diced
1 red or yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 large tomatoes, chopped
½ cup fresh basil, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
12 to 16 oz spaghetti or linguine
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven or BBQ grill to 450º F.
- Start water for the pasta.
- Prepare the zucchini, pepper and onion and place in a baking pan or grill basket. Toss with 1 tbsp of oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in oven or grill and turn every 5 minutes. Total cooking time about 25 minutes. If finished before the pasta is ready, simply turn off the heat and allow to rest.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tomatoes, basil and garlic and place in a large bowl. Add 1 tbsp of oil, salt and pepper and toss.
- When the water boils, prepare the pasta according to package directions, or until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and add to the bowl of tomatoes. Add the roasted vegetables and feta cheese and toss.
- Adjust seasoning and serve in pasta bowls, or serve from the bowl.
Source: Eating Well Magazine, 1989.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free EBook and documentation generator