Roast Chicken with Lemon and Mustard
Serves 4 to 6
Cooking time: Plan on at least 20 minutes per pound, perhaps more. Better yet, use an instant read thermometer. Chicken is done when the breast reads 160 degrees F.
Preheat Oven to 450°F/200°C
1 3- 6 lb. roasting chicken, whole or cut up (may use parts, adjusting quantities)
¼ cup Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
1tbsp. olive oil
4 tbsp. butter
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix mustard, lemon juice and olive oil in small bowl.
- Rub chicken inside and out with salt.
- Place chicken on rack in broiler or shallow pan and brush with mustard mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place bits of butter in the crevices of the bird.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes, basting with the butter and painting with more of the mustard mixture.
- Reduce oven heat to 350°F/175°C. and continue baking until done. Baste every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and place on a platter to rest.
- Make a gravy with the drippings. Or, use our recipe for Poultry Gravy.
Serve with: Rice, baked potato, zucchini, Brussels sprouts
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Write eBooks for the Kindle