Makes about 24 muffins
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
3 cups pumpkin purėe (canned is fine)
1 cup packed light brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. ground cinnamon
3 tbsp. ground ginger
Pinch of ground cloves
Pinch of white pepper
1 ½ cups golden raisins
Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, pumpkin purėe, brown sugar, sugar and melted butter.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt cinnamon, ginger, cloves and pepper.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring until just mixed.
- Gently fold in the raisins.
- Meanwhile, grease and flour muffin tins, or line with muffin papers (preferably foil).
- Scoop about ½ cup batter into the muffin tins. (Refrigerate extra batter in a tightly sealed bowl for up to a week.)
- Bake the muffins in the middle of the oven 30 to 35 minutes, until firm to the touch and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and remove from tins when easy to handle.
Source: Fine Cooking, October 2009
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Create HTML Help, DOC, PDF and print manuals from 1 single source