Pork Ragout (Slow-Cooker)
This dish freezes well, up to 3 months. Obviously, you can make it ahead.
2 14 oz cans whole tomatoes
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 medium carrots, cut in ¼ inch pieces
1 large onion, chopped
1 cup dry white wine
2 tsp. Dried oregano
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 ½ pound pork shoulder, trimmed and quartered
12 oz. Wide egg noodles
½ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
¼ cup grated Parmigiana Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese
- In a 5 to 6 quart slow-cooker, combine tomatoes, garlic, carrots, onion. Wine oregano and 1/3 tsp. Each salt and pepper.
- Add the pork to the slow cooker and cook, covered, until the pork is cooked through and easily pulls apart, about 6 to 8 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high.
- Before serving, correct the seasoning.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Using a fork, break the pork into smaller pieces, ten stir it into its cooking liquid.
- Fold in the parsley.
- Serve the pork over the pasta and sprinkle with the cheese.
Source: Woman's Day, November, 2011
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easily create EBooks