Polish Sausage, Zucchini & Rigatoni
4 oz/125 g (about 1 cup) rigatoni, penne or other pasta
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp each Dijon mustard and dry Basil
1 pound/500 g Polish sausage (Kielbasa) cut in ¼ inch slices
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
8 oz/250 g zucchini thinly sliced
1 bunch watercress, washed
- In a wide frying pan with high sides, cook pasta in an inch or more of salted water until tender (follow package directions, about 8 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, in a small bowl, stir vinegar, mustard and basil together. Set aside.
- Rinse and dry the frying pan and return to medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the onions and fry until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta and the vinegar mixture. Stir and let heat through, about 1 minute.
- Stir in zucchini and cook until tender-crisp.
- Garnish in pan with watercress and serve immediately.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free iPhone documentation generator