A one-dish, 10-minute meal.
2 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp olive oil
50g/2 oz cheddar or mozzarella cheese
4 cherry tomatoes
2 tsp basil pesto
Preheat broiler on high.
- Place chicken breasts between two plastic bags or sheets of wrap and beat with a frying pan until flattened by one-third.
- Heat oil in a medium, non-stick frying pan. Add the chicken and cook 2 minutes per side until golden.
- Meanwhile grate the cheese, quarter the tomatoes and mix together.
- Remove chicken from the pan and wipe out oil with a paper towel.
- Return chicken to pan and spread each breast with a teaspoon of pesto, then pile the cheese and tomato mix on top.
- Place under the hot grill for a minute or so. Protect the handle with foil if necessary. Grill until cheese has melted and begun to brown.
- Serve with a green vegetable or salad.
Source: BBC Good Food, January 2003
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easy EPub and documentation editor