Preheat oven to 350° F. (175°C) If above 5,000 feet, use 375� F.
2 lbs ground beef
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3-5 strips bacon
½ cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs (or make your own mixture)
6 oz. can tomato or V8 juice
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, onion and bread crumbs. Add salt and plenty of pepper. Break in the egg and add the juice. Mix with hands until evenly gooey. Lick fingers and add more salt or pepper if necessary. Wash hands after licking.
- Form into a loaf in a cake or baking pan. Arrange strips of bacon across the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes per pound of beef. Transfer to a warm platter,
- Make a gravy from the drippings.
- Let meatloaf stand for 10 minutes then slice and serve.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Full-featured Documentation generator