Penne with Tomato and Herbs
1 lb./495g. Penne, cooked al dente
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
2 14 oz cans tomatoes, chopped or diced, with liquid
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tbsp dried parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste
Grated Parmigiana Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese
- Heat oil in large, non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the other ingredients and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes, or until everything is nicely blended. Correct seasoning.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot with plenty of water, salt, as recommended on package. Use shortest cooking time and taste for aal dente condition. When done, drain and toss with a little olive oil.
- When pasta is ready, divide into warm bowls and add sauce.
Serve with Parmigiana Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Full-featured EPub generator