Pasta with Prosciutto and Peas
1 lb fusili or other twisted pasta
3 tbsp olive oil
3 oz very thin sliced prosciutto, chopped
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 cup Parmigiana Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 10 oz pkg frozen peas
- Bring pasta water to a boil, add salt. Add pasta and stir. Set timer for recommended cooking time.
- Place oil in a non-stick skillet. Sauté prosciutto over medium heat, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic slices, cook about 1 minute, or until garlic is golden brown. Remove from heat.
- When pasta timer rings, put peas in the pasta water and return skillet to heat.
- Test pasta for doneness and drain in a colander. Add pasta and peas to a large bowl. Stir in prosciutto, cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
Serve with: warm Italian bread.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Full-featured Documentation generator