Pasta, Snap Peas, Basil and Spinach
Kosher salt and ground black pepper
12 oz (340g) Short pasta (gemelli, shells, etc.)
3 garlic cloves, halved
8 oz (250g) snap peas, halved
10 oz (280g) spinach
½ cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped (use 2 tbsp basil pesto in winter)
1/3 cup heavy cream
3 oz (80g) Parmigiana Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta and garlic one minute less than package directions.
- Add snap peas and cook 30 seconds.
- Add spinach and basil and stir once to wilt.
- Reserve ½ cup pasta water and drain.
- Add cream to pot and heat over medium-high until it bubbles. Return pasta mixture to pot and add ¼ cup pasta water to make a light sauce, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in cheese. If necessary, add a small amount of pasta water to correct the sauce.
Source: Everyday Food, May 2012
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free help authoring tool