This wonderful dish can be made with home-made basil pesto or, you can use a prepared pesto. In America, There is a “Classico” brand that works very well.
120 grams/ 4 oz linguini
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, chopped fine
2 tbs sun dried tomatoes in oil, sliced
¼ cup basil pesto
2 tbs pine nuts, toasted
1. Toast the pine nuts in a skillet and set aside.
2. Prepare the pasta al dente.
3. Add oil to the skillet and sauté the garlic briefly, about 1 minute.
4. Add the sliced tomatoes to the pan and cook briefly
5. Lower heat and add the pesto, allowing to cook slowly until the pasta is done.
6. Drain pasta, place in heated bowls and add the sauce. Garnish with pine nuts.
7. Serve with grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese and crusty Italian bread.
If desired, you can add grilled chicken breasts (cut in strips), grilled salmon or shrimp to the completed pasta dish.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Create HTML Help, DOC, PDF and print manuals from 1 single source