Lemon Chess Pie - Mimi's
Makes 3 pies
Pre-heat oven to 325° F.
1 1/2 sticks of butter
3 cups sugar
3 or 4 lemons, juiced
6 eggs, yolks and whites separated
1 tsp. cornmeal
3 pie crusts
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat egg yolks and add.
- Add lemon juice.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold into yolk mixture, and then fold in cornmeal.
- Distribute evenly into pie crusts in 9-inch pie pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Tops of pies should be rich brown.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easy CHM and documentation editor