Serves 6 to 8
2000g (4 pound) leg of lamb
1 quart buttermilk
Herbs de Provence
3 garlic cloves
2 lb. potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 liter (2 cups) white wine
2 tbsp chopped parsley
4 tbsp butter
1. Two days in advance, put leg of lamb in a bag, add buttermilk and 2 tbsp herbs de provence. Place in refrigerator for one day. Turn and leave for another day.
2. Before baking, rinse the lamb and insert slivers of garlic in the meat. Rub with oil, herbs de provence and mustard.
Preheat oven to 175°C.
Preparing the vegetables:
3. Peel potatoes and cut in slices or quarters and place in an oiled roasting pan. If desired, add onions, peeled and sliced carrots or other vegetables to taste.
4. Mince one or two cloves of garlic and spread over the vegetables.
5. Add dry, white wine, parsley and butter to the vegetables, lay the lamb on top and place in the oven.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°F. Baste the vegetables occasionally if they appear dry.
Serve lamb sliced; potatoes and vegetables in a bowl.
Source: Christina Sprenger, Stuttgart
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: News and information about help authoring tools and software