Hungarian Tomato-Cabbage Soup with Butter
Uses the Super Soup Base. Quick and Easy.
4 cups Super Soup Base
½ tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 cups chopped green cabbage
1 tsp hot paprika
¾ cup water
1 15-oz can butter beans or white beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat Soup Base in a large sauce pan.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over high heat. Add cabbage and paprika and sauté until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add ¾ cup water to the skillet, cover and continue cooking until cabbage is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage mixture and beans to the soup base and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and serve immediately.
Source: "Natural Health", January/February 2002
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Generate Kindle eBooks with ease