Huevos Rancheros Pasta
8 oz. pasta shells
1 14 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
1 14 oz package frozen corn kernels
1 tbsp olive oil
4 eggs fried until whites are firm, but yolks are still liquid
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 ½ cups salsa or to taste, plus more for garnish
¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
1/3 cup chopped green onions
- In a large pot of salted, boiling water, prepare pasta according to package directions. In the last 3 minutes of cooking time, add the corn and beans to the water and bring back to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan and fry eggs, season with salt and pepper.
- When pasta is done, reserve a cup of pasta water. Drain pasta, beans and corn, returning to the pot.
- Add salsa and toss, adding pasta water if necessary.
- Divide pasta on plates and place an egg and 3 tbsp cheddar cheese on each.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.
Source: Oprah Magazine October 2012
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free help authoring tool