Hot Sausage Slaw
1 lb./500g polish sausage or kielbasa, sliced
1 tbsp. olive oil
½ cup cider vinegar
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
¾ lb. shredded cabbage
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and cook the sausage slices until heated through.
- Remove sausages from pan and keep warm.
- Add vinegar, sugar, cumin seeds, and onion to pan, bring to a boil and stir to loosen any sausage bits stuck to the pan.
- Remove pan from heat and mix in the coleslaw, coating everything with the contents of the pan.
- Serve hot coleslaw with the sausage on a platter. Offer Dijon mustard to taste.
- Serve with: Oven Roasted Chips, toasted rye bread, dark beer.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easily create Help documents