Makes about 5 dozen
1 1/3 cups butter
1 cup sugar
6 tbsp milk or water
1 tsp. vanilla
5 cups sifted unbleached flour
Prune or Apricot filling
- Cream the butter with sugar.
- Add eggs and continue creaming until smooth.
- Add the milk and vanilla.
- Stir in the sifted flour until a ball of dough is formed. (A food processor is excellent for this.)
- Chill dough for 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- Taking a quarter of the dough at a time, roll out on a lightly floured board to a thickness of 1/8 inch. Cut into 3-inch circles.
- Fill with a tsp. of prune or apricot filling and fold into three-cornered cookies. To do this, press two sides together; then fold the third side over and press the ends together.
Pre-heat oven to 400°
- Bake on un-greased cookie sheet in preheated 400° oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tops are golden.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free EBook and documentation generator