Green Noodles Supreme
Two large servings
Pre-heat serving dishes at 200°F.
1 package (8 oz.) medium-wide green noodles
Boiling salted water
6 tbsp butter
1/4 lb. mushrooms, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
6 ounces cooked ham, cut into julienne strips (about 1 cup)
3/4 - 1 cup whipping cream
1 cup frozen peas
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
Salt and pepper
Grated Parmigiana Reggiano cheese
- Following package directions, cook noodles in a large kettle of boiling water until al dente; drain thoroughly.
- Stir in a tsp of butter (or olive oil) to prevent sauce from being immediately absorbed into noodles.
- Meanwhile, in a wide frying pan over medium heat, melt 4 tbsp butter.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, and ham; cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens slightly and forms large, shiny bubbles (2 to 3 minutes).
- Stir in nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put drained noodles into serving dishes. Ladle sauce on top. Serve immediately; pass cheese at the table.
If you can't find green noodles, substitute regular fettuccine.
Serve with crusty rolls and a chilled white wine.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free iPhone documentation generator