Green Noodles with Prosciutto and Chicken (A Pasta Salad)
12 ounces green fettuccine
2 chicken breast halves, boned and skinned
1/4 lb. prosciutto, or 1/2 lb. bacon crisply fried
1 cup coarsely chopped seeded tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped green onion tops
1/4 lb. mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup chopped parsley
Fresh basil leave or oregano for garnish
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp. Italian seasonings
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Cook fettuccine until al dente, drain well and toss with 2 tbsp vegetable oil; cool.
- Poach chicken breasts in seasoned, simmering water until just done, about 15 minutes; cool.
- Dice the chicken and the prosciutto (or crumble the crisp bacon) and add to the pasta.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and add to the pasta (reserving a little to add just before serving) along with the chopped tomatoes and onion tops. Refrigerate until serving time.
- Sprinkle the sliced mushrooms and fresh herbs on top just before serving and toss at the table.
From "The Pasta Salad Book" by Nina Graybill and Maxine Rapoport
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easily create HTML Help documents