4 Skinned, boned chicken breast halves
3 Tbsp. flour
1 Tsp. oregano
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup thinly sliced onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ cups chicken broth
1/3 cup golden raisins
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. capers
¼ cup crumbled Feta cheese
4 thin lemon slices
- Flatten chicken breasts (if desired) and dredge in flour and oregano.
- Over medium-high heat cook chicken in non-stick skillet for 5 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Add onion and garlic to pan and sauté 2 minutes Add broth, raisins and lemon juice. Cook another 3 minutes, scraping pan to remove any bits of browned chicken.
- Return chicken to pan, cover, reduce heat and simmer another 10 minutes or until done. Remove chicken from pan to serving plates.
- Add capers and cheese to pan, stir with whisk. Top each piece with ¼ cup of the sauce and a lemon slice.
Serve with: Orzo tossed with oregano, couscous, summer squash and green onions.
Source: Cooking Light, July/August 1999
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Produce electronic books easily