Makes 5 or 6 cups
Preheat oven to 250º F.
3 cups uncooked, old-fashioned rolled oats
1-1/2 cups dried unsweetened shredded coconut
½ cup wheat germ or soy grits
1 cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup sesame seeds
½ cup raw honey
¼ cup light oil
½ cup cold water
1 cup slivered, blanced almonds
(½ cup raisins or cranberries)
- In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Combine the oil and honey. Add to dry ingredients and stir until well mixed. Add the cold water, slowly, until the mix is crumbly.
- Lightly brush a large, heavy, shallow baking pan and pour the mixture into it. Spread the mixture evenly to the edges of the pan.
- Place the pan in the middle of the pre-heated oven and bake for two hours, stirring every 15 minutes. Add one cup of slivered almonds and continue to bake for ½ hour, or until mixture is dry and light brown in color. Cereal should feel crisp to the touch.
- Turn off the oven and allow the cereal to cool in the oven. Add the raisins or cranberries, if you are using them, now.
- Remove cereal from the oven and cool. Place in a tightly covered container and store in a cool, dry place.
Serve with: Plain or with fruit and milk.
Source: “The Roedale Cookbook”
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free EPub and documentation generator