Frittata with Mushrooms, Linguini, Basil
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 ¼ cups leeks. Thinly sliced (about 2 leeks)
½ cup milk
2 tsp. butter, melted
¼ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
6 large eggs
2 cups cooked linguini (4 ounces), broken in half or quarters before cooking
1/3 cup fresh basil. Chopped
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook linguini and set aside.
Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and leeks, Cook until leeks are tender and transparent, about 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, butter salt, pepper and eggs, beating lightly with a whisk.
- Add the leek mixture, pasta and basil to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Heat the skillet over medium low and coat lightly with oil or spray. Add the egg mixture to the pan and cook for about 4 minutes until edges are nearly set.
- Lift the edge of the mixture to allow some additional egg mixture to enter the pan. Cook until edges are fully set, about 6 minutes more..
- If the skillet has a plastic handle, wrap it in foil. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 7 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Source: Cooking Light
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Produce electronic books easily