Double Ginger Chicken Strips
1/3 cup Ginger preserves
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp Asian sesame oil
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut crosswise into ½ inch strips
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 garlic clove, minced
½ inch peeled fresh ginger, minced
3 scallions, sliced
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- In a medium bowl, combine ginger preserves, cornstarch, soy sauce and 2 tbsp cold water. Whisk in sesame oil. Add chicken and toss to coat. Marinate 30 minutes at room temperature.
- In a wok or deep fry pan, heat 2 tbsp oil over high heat until hot, swirling to coat sides of pan.
- Add chicken with marinade and stir fry until meat is white throughout but still juicy, 3 – 4 minutes. Remove to a warm plate.
- In the same pan, heat remaining tablespoon of oil over high heat. Add garlic, fresh ginger and scallions and stir fry until fragrant, about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan. Stir in vinegar and cook until chicken is heated through, 1 – 2 minutes and serve.
Source: "365 Ways to Wok"
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Create iPhone web-based documentation