Curried Chicken with Ginger and Yogurt
1/3 cup tomato paste
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tbsp, curry powder
1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 medium onion, chopped
2 lb. boneless, ckinless chicken thighs (about 10)
Kosher salt and freskly ground black pepper
1 ½ cups Basmati Rice
½ cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
2 scallions, thinly sliced.
- In a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker, whisk together the tomato paste, garlic, curry powder, ginger, cumin and 1/3 cup water.
- Add the onion and stir to combine.
- Place the chicken on top and season with 1 tsp salt ¼ tsp. pepper.
- Cover and cook with slow cooker on high for 1 hour. Reducer heat to low and cook for an additional 4 hours or until chicken is tender. To cook on low only, allow 7 to 8 hours. On high, 3 to 4 hours.
- Twenty minutes before serving, prepare Basmati Rice.
- Just before serving, add the yogurt 1/3 tsp. salt to the chicken and stir to combine.
Serve with rice and sprinkle with scallions.
Source: RealSimple.com, March 2011
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free HTML Help documentation generator