Makes a lot – about 3 dozen
Croustades are what we make for a meal of fine cheese and “crackers”. You can use them for crostini, and if you use a bâtard, the result can be used for bruschetta, the larger, wider base for Italian appetizers.
1 fresh baguette
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp olive oil
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F./180 degrees C.
- Melt butter in oil over low heat.
- Slice baguette into ½-inch/2cm slices. Slice on the bias for wider croustades,
- With a pastry brush, paint the slices with the butter/oil mixture and place in a single layer on an un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cool and store in a tightly closed box or can until used.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Full-featured Documentation generator