Cranberry Pork Tenderloin
You’ll notice that the sauce can easily be prepared in advance, possibly a day ahead. That means you can cook the rest of the meal quickly just before serving.
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb.)
½ tsp each kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 small red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup chicken broth
½ cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
2 tsp fresh rosemary
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium-high heat.
- Season pork with salt and pepper and brown lightly all over, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer pork to a foil-lined 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to frying pan, reduce heat to medium and add onion. Cook, stirring, until onion is softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, cranberry sauce and balsamic vinegar to frying pan and deglaze pan, about 2 minutes.
- Pour hot sauce over pork and bake uncovered until an instant-read thermometer reads 150 degrees F., about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let pork rest 10 minutes, slice, and serve with pork.
Source: "Sunset Magazine", November, 2007.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easily create HTML Help documents