Chickpea and Date Tagine
The tagine is a covered ceramic cooking/serving dish used in Moroccan cooking.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, diced (2 cups)
4 large cloves garlic, minced (4 tbsp)
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp groun cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
2 14 oz cans chick-peas, rinsed and drained
1 cup couscous
1 cup pitted dates, quartered
¼ cup lemon juice
½ cup chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until just beginning to brown, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and spices and saute 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, chick-peas. dates and ¼ cup water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast couscous in a small saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes or until fragrant. Add 1 ¾ cups water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and let stand.
- Add lemon juice to tagine and season with salt and pepper. Serve over couscous with cilantro as garnish.
Source: Vegetarian Times, December 2011
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Full-featured Kindle eBooks generator