Chicken a la King
Serves 6 to 8
We use a Rotisserie Chicken of 3 pounds from Sam's Club. For this recipe, use the white meat and any dark meat left over after you've had the leg quarters for another meal.
6 tbsp butter
6 tbsp flour
2 cups milk
1 cup chicken broth
2 chicken breasts plus, cut in small, bite-size pieces
2 carrots, diced
2 green onions chopped
6 oz mushrooms sliced
2 bay leaves
1 cup peas (use frozen)
Water Chestnuts, sliced
Salt and Pepper
- Chop the various ingredients and the chicken into small bowls.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add cold milk all at once and stir until sauce thickens.
- Add chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring to mix. Correct seasoning.
- Heat on low until well integrated and ready to eat.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Source: Peter's recipe
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free Kindle producer