Chicken Breasts with Pesto and Rosemary Potatoes
2 boneless chicken breasts with skin
2 tbsp. Pesto
10-12 basil leaves
1 tbsp. olive oil
300g small, new potatoes, cut in small chunks if desired.
2 twigs of fresh rosemary, leaves removed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tbsp. cream (optional)
Side dish: green salad.
- Separate skin from the chicken breast with your fingers, leaving one side attached to the meat.
- Smear the meat under the skin with Pesto, and if desired, place a few leaves of basil inside, as well. Cover with skin and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep frying pan. Fry the potatoes for 5 minutes and stir until golden in color. Add the rosemary stems and arrange the contents of the pan on one side.
- Put the chicken breasts in the pan with the skin side down and fry for 3 minutes at high heat until the skin is crisp. Turn and reduce heat to medium. Cover the pan and allow to cook about 10 minutes, turning the potatoes occasionally, until all is done.
- To prepare the optional cream sauce, remove contents of the pan to a warm plate and place remaining Pesto and the cream in the pan. Bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken and serve.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Write eBooks for the Kindle