One 10-inch tube cake, or one sheet cake
This worked well in Boulder, CO, but not in Montrose, which is higher. Make the following adjustments for altitudes 6,000 ft (1800m) or higher:
Reduce sugar ½ cup
Reduce oil ½ cup
Reduce baking soda to 1½ tsp
Add one egg
Pre-heat oven to 325°
1 tsp. butter
1 1/2 cups salad oil
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. cinnamon
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
3 cups grated carrots (about 1 1/2 lbs)
1 cup chopped walnuts
- With the butter, grease a 10-inch tube cake pan, or 9 x 13-inch sheet cake pan.
- Blend the oil and sugar together in a large bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl, sift together the salt, cinnamon, flour and baking soda.
- Add the sifted ingredients to the egg mixture, and stir until they are thoroughly incorporated.
- Next, beat in the carrots and walnuts and mix them to blend thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake in a preheated 325° oven for 1 1/4 hours, or until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Ice with Cream Cheese Icing.
Copyright © 2001-2012 by The Still Waters Group
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free help authoring tool